5 Common Beginner Photography Mistakes | Future Of Photography

5 Common Beginner Photography Mistakes | Future Of Photography
5 Common Beginner Photography Mistakes | Future Of Photography 

What not to do when you buy an expensive Camera.



5 Mistakes Beginner Photographers Make



1. Decide that you are smart enough to learn your camera without proper research.


When I bought my Canon camera in a pawn shop, it didn't come with a manual. Being me, I made the decision to give up doing proper research on my camera. Because of this, I spoiled many photos. 



I was using all the wrong settings and settings, which made me delete hundreds of photos. When I did a Google search, I included searches like "How to make my images look professional."

Instead of just doing my homework, I thought I could fly and still produce professional quality. I was very wrong Do you investigate, children? Learn your camera and I promise you that taking photos will be much easier.


2. Offering to do photo shoots even if you only had your camera for a month.


I know it's exciting to go out and take pictures the moment you open the camera case, but don't do it. You do not have the experience to provide 10 to 20 professional quality images for paying customers. 


5 Common Beginner Photography Mistakes | Future Of Photography
5 Common Beginner Photography Mistakes | Future Of Photography 


I started taking sports photos and immediately thought I was a total professional, but when I took a hit in the portraits, it sucked. There is so much that you will not realize, such as: lighting, poses, places, fussy children, the time of day and you just don't know what the hell you are doing. 



All these things will be shown in your photos and the last thing you want is a crap portfolio to announce your talent. Take your time and find your niche. Get out and just take pictures of trees or statues just to learn angles, lighting and be careful what looks good.


3. Do not buy the right storage for your camera.


I am still guilty of this to this day. I have not bought a camera mount and lost the lens cover. I have been loading my camera, lenses, chargers and memory cards in a woven cross bag that my spouse refers to as my camera bag.

 It is very important to take care of your camera and yes, the camera bags are a bit expensive, but it is worth it. Just do it. You will not want to misload your expensive camera and end up with lenses or scratches on the camera. 

You will get angry and people will think that you are not professional when you attend concerts. You have spent a lot of money and the last thing you want is for everything to come together in an unprotected bag. Trust me.



4. Thinking you can repair and clean your camera using only YouTube and Wiki How it helps.


DO. NO. DO. EAST! I promise you will regret it because I did it and I almost cried. After carrying my camera in my poorly protected handbag, I discovered dust on the focusing screen (I didn't know it was called that when I did this. 



I was so uncomfortable with my camera). Well, being me, I removed the lens from the camera and proceeded to use my shirt and napkins to clean the screen. It made it worse and worse with each attempt. 

The only problem I had was that I couldn't reach the screen correctly with my finger. Well, I decided to take a big hook ... yes, you read that right. I took a big hook, wrapped a napkin around and tried to clean the focusing screen. 

Needless to say, it was a fucking instant. I scratched the screen and got scared. It took me a long time to search Google for the name of the part I scratched and then, when I did it, I had to find the right replacement. 

After a few weeks of stagnation, I came across the replacement screen for $ 10 in EBay. (EBAY PRAISE)

When I received the part, I inserted it carefully and promised never to do that again. Moral of the story, if you're not a professional, don't try to clean or even try to fix your camera if you don't know what you're doing. You will regret it and you will become a little ball of idiocy.


5. Do not take your camera wherever you go.



Have you been somewhere picturesque and want to have your camera? Yes me too. Taking your camera almost everywhere will help you when you want to spontaneously capture a sunrise, a sunset or a striking landscape. 

The cover image of this article is the result of simply taking my camera with me while my wife fished. I would have kicked myself if I didn't have it to capture the magnificent takeoff of the bird. 

I know that transporting a camera is not ideal, but it is worth it when you are a beginner. Finding your eye for beauty is part of the process and when you can document it, it is even better.



Thanks For Reading


You Can Also Read

5 Mistakes Beginner Photographers Make

Post a Comment

0Comments